Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Unfortunately I haven't had much time for creativity lately, I have an assignment due for uni this Saturday and my hours are gradually increasing at work back to normal.   Not 100% full time yet, but before I do I need to schedule in more creative time so I don't slip back into bad habits. 

I now have a huge pile of ceramics to glaze .... I made 35 porcelain pendants in the end .. far more than I realised!  I'm in the process of sanding off rough edges and deciding on what to draw on the blank ones.  Hopefully once I submit this latest assignment I'll find a block of time to sit down and glaze.

In the meantime I've managed to sneak in the odd photo over the past two weeks.  I was working on a photoshoot for work ... photos of our students in action, our facilities etc - not exciting subject matter, but I enjoyed it anyway.  The last day we did at our Coburg campus were they teach all things automotive from truck engines to marine, lawn mowers and chainsaws to trims for car.  I found a couple of thins I couldn't help taking photos of.

Springs on a shelf in the Motorsports section
Cupboard under a spray booth for adhesives
I could of spent hours just taking photos for myself, but unfortunately that wasn't what I was there for ... so I manage a small number.  Pity, as the whole department will be moved in about a year to a new building being built in the Docklands.  Perhaps I'll get another chance at some stage, as it seems that I am attracted to "industrial beauty" .... or is that beauty found in industrial settings.  Whether it be urban decay, a pile of discarded materials, tools or a whole actual warehouse I love finding something attractive in not so obviously aesthetic appealing situations.

Safety gear in Motorsports

No comments:

Post a Comment